Dhararvi Versus Corona


A well written article about slumdwellers in Dharavi dealing with the corona virus is available on Urbz.net

Authored by Bharat, Samidha, Kareena, Shyam, Partha

March 24th, India went into a 21 day lock down to maintain social distancing. People were asked to work from home, only step out for essentials and wash their hands frequently. Prior to this announcement, the inter and intra state transportation was restricted. These were part of ‘crucial’ efforts to curb the spread of the novel Covid-19. 
How is this top down mandate being followed by people living in high density settlements? What are the implications of these mandates on the ground? Our collaborators, friends and colleagues have been updating us about the ground realities.

Read the full article on Urbz.net

Awareness campaigns about wearing masks
Image copied from article on Urbz.net

1 comment:

  1. Hello! I could have sworn I've been to this website before but after reading through some of the post I realized it's new to me. Nonetheless, I'm definitely glad I found it and I'll be bookmarking and checking back frequently! stairwell platform system

    ReplyDelete